Friday 14 August 2015

Manuka Spoon Part I

Inspired by one of my favourite Austrian survivalist, Survival Lilly, I decided that while I was waiting around watching my fire I would attempt to make a wooden spoon. While I was collecting fire wood on my last Orongorongo valley trip (see orongorongo-valley-tofu-and-mushroom kebabs), I came across a piece of Manuka which had a kind of natural spoon bit. Seems like the perfect place to start.

Potential Manuka spoon, or extreme sexual tool.....
At this stage I had just sawed the ends off and stripped the bark. The spoon end is a bit black as I was digging for a hot coal in the fire - but I will go into that in another post! While in the Orongoronga Valley I did do a bit more work on it but I seem to have misplaced the photos. But I did take some pics today which I will post later in the week.

Just in case you were worried I did not forget today trip - but I am just little tired so stay tuned for todays adventures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment